Posted May 15, 2016
Posted May 13, 2016
When you donate via Paypal, write the name in the ‘special instructions‘ box to tell us the name to use or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll assign it to one of our MANY un-named baby boy kittens (there are over 20!). Later, check the kitten adoption page to see which one was named.
Thanks to those who name one of our kittens, this lets us continue to take great care of this year’s crop!
We especially appreciate and thank all who care about cats in their daily lives. Donate to name a Goathouse kitten
Posted May 12, 2016
The Goathouse Refuge Crafts Fair is a unique event that aims to help both local artists and our cat rescue by showcasing local artisans while raising money for the care of abandoned cats. Please fill out an application and join us!
Event Date: Saturday, Sept 17, 2016
Time: 10am – 5pm
Location: 259 Hillsboro St, Pittsboro, NC
1) Each artist will be provided with one 6’ by 2.5’ table and one chair.
2) If you choose to use the provided table, you may not use any additional display that would not
fit on the table.
3) If you opt out of having a table, you may bring your own display (clothes rack, shelves, etc), but
you must stay within your allotted area of 6’ by 5’.
4) Electricity – can be provided upon request.
5) Tents – will be provided by the organizers; two vendors will share one tent.
6) Wi-Fi for credit card payment – artists must provide their own Wi-Fi equipped device.
3) Toys, dolls
4) Soaps, candles, lotions
5) Printed media (photographs, calendars, post cards)
8) Wooden crafts/carvings
9) Other (specify)
All money raised through entry fees and donations from sales will directly benefit the Goathouse Refuge, which is the largest no-kill cat sanctuary in North Carolina. Our September event combines art and animal rescue – two passions of Siglinda Scarpa, the founder of the refuge, who is a renowned potter and sculptor herself.
The event will take place in the heart of Pittsboro, NC, which is known for its free-spirited culture and love of local art. Pittsboro, NC is also strategically located near the densely-populated Research Triangle formed by Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. The timing of the event will be perfect for Halloween-themed items and early Christmas shopping so send in your vendor application now!